We will engrave your company name and your individual name when you donate.
We will engrave your company name when you donate over $3,000.-, or your individual name when you donate over $200.-. This photo shows you the name of those who contributed generously towards our current classrooms and office building in 1996. Without your contribution, our current classrooms would not exist. Please give generously so in the future we can be proud of the past.
Two curriculums, one school, leading the future
Sydney Japanese International School is proud to announce its 50th year revitalisation project!
- Our school name – changing our school name in Japanese to Sydney Japanese International School
- Our School Vision and Mission to reflect our future goals and aspirations
- EAL/D support (English as an Additional Language/Dialect)
- Mixed Coding lessons with both divisions from 2019
- Revitalised High School curriculum
- Our current language program – ways in which it can be enriched and extended
We aim to provide a safe environment and the very best education so we can continue to nurture our students! We would appreciate your contribution so these aims can become a reality!
All donations will be gratefully appreciated
so we can build a bridge to the future
The last three years have seen a revitalisation of the School’s facilities as well as other upgrade initiatives. High speed internet has enabled children to use Google Chromebooks in the classroom for learning, but there is still a lot to do and we need your support. Important equipment, such as the grand piano, is getting worn out and tired and needs replacing. We need to create the very best educational environment to enhance and support the upcoming 2020 MEXT curriculum change. Any donations will be helpful and will go towards these future building projects.
Donations will go towards some of these items.
Securities / Safety
- Security Fence
- New Driveway
- Increasing Parking Lot
- New Bus Lane
Hygiene / Health
- Bathroom Renovation
Education / Culture
- Improvements to the Music Room
- Display Boards
- Classroom Provision for ICT and STEM Education
- Renovation of the Multifunction Room
- Refurbishment of the Playground
How to donate
Please click on “Donation Form” below. Once you submit this form, you will receive an email with payment instructions.
1 March 2019 – 30 November 2019 (9 months)
Message from our alumni
My SJIS pride – My hope for SJIS for the next 50 years!
by Akihiro Sakakibara, our first graduate in 1970
I came back to visit my school, SJIS in September 2018. I was amazed at how much the school has developed over the last 50 years! The school building is now a wonderful building, and there is a spacious oval that was not there when I was at the school. I am so proud to be a SJIS graduate and I hope from the bottom of my heart that the school will continue to develop and grow for the next 50 years!
I am honored that SJIS continues to foster a real appreciation of the Australian, Japanese and other cultures, making it a truly international environment. I would like to pass the baton to the future SJIS graduates to go out and interact with the global society with an Australian heart and the Japanese harmony that they have learnt during their time at SJIS.
On behalf of nine of my class mates and their families who visited this time, I would like to thank you again.
– Our first graduates in 1970 as Year 6, Japanese Division – Sayako Sakai (Akiyama), Akihiro Sakakibara
– Our second graduates of High School Division in 1973 as Year 9 – Kayoko Nakamura (Ohno), Kenji Cleveland, Chiaki Kawai (Tadokoro), Tomokazu Teshima, Yoshiko Akiba (Nishizawa), Junko Nakano (Fukui), Mariko Muto (Murata)
We thank you for your support and help all these years
Shade Sails in the playground
Replacement of Air Conditioning
Uniform Shop renewal
Visitor Bathroom with nappy
New Smartboards in TV style and Wifi
New Desks and Chairs
New floor and paint in PTA room
New Soccer Goals, Blinds, Shutters and various securities
Introduction of the School App
Tuck Shop renewal
The purchase and Introduction of Google Chromebooks
New Responsive Website launched
(soon to be completed)