Working at SJIS
Working at SJIS is like entering a home away from home. The student body and school community warmly welcome new staff members. As a staff member of SJIS you will be respected and given the freedom to grow in your field of expertise. Staff are provided with professional development and the opportunity to participate in school events.
Our ideal applicants are empathetic, skilled, innovative and passionate about nurturing excellence in children. If this sounds like you and you have the right to work in Australia, we encourage you to apply for the positions advertised and register your interest in future employment opportunities by contacting us.
International Division Positions Vacant
Stage 3- Primary Classroom Teacher (Available for a term 3 start)
Sydney Japanese International School (International Division) offers the NSW K-6 curriculum to children from diverse cultural backgrounds. SJIS fosters students’ development through its unique bilingual and bicultural program. The International Division prides itself on a high level of academic achievement, small class sizes and a caring and stimulating learning environment.
The successful applicant will have experience teaching the NSW curriculum as well as:
- Qualified to teach NSW Primary schools and possess relevant NSW teacher accreditation status.
- Dynamic and effective programming and teaching practices
- Ability to differentiate for EAL/D and other students
- Readiness to collaborate and work harmoniously in a bilingual environment
- Confidence to use ICT as a tool for enhanced teaching and learning
- Japanese language skills are not required
What the school can offer you:
A career at Sydney Japanese International School offers you the opportunity to teach all Key Learning Areas. We provide ongoing NESA accredited professional development for all teachers. We are a small school that enjoys the benefits of a harmonious and passionate staff in a serene environment of 14 acres with Terrey Hills.
Salary is determined by your teaching qualifications and school experience.
Applicants should include a covering letter, curriculum vitae and the names and contact details of three confidential referees. Applications should be addressed to Simon van Dinter, Deputy Principal (International Division) [email protected]
Applications close Friday 14th May at 4pm.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* Applicants must satisfy Child Protection Legislation and will be subject to employment screening. All staff are required to actively support the values of the school. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a valid Working with Children Check.
Casual teaching roles are available in the International Primary division. You must hold the right to work in Australia and hold teaching qualifications that are recognised in Australia.
Japanese Division Positions Vacant
No positions available
The teachers of the Japanese Division are dispatched by the Ministry of Education in Japan. Please contact them if you are interested in applying.