Working at SJIS
Working at SJIS is like entering a home away from home. The student body and school community warmly welcome new staff members. As a staff member of SJIS you will be respected and given the freedom to grow in your field of expertise. Staff are provided with professional development and the opportunity to participate in school events.
Our ideal applicants are empathetic, skilled, innovative and passionate about nurturing excellence in children. If this sounds like you and you have the right to work in Australia, we encourage you to apply for the positions advertised and register your interest in future employment opportunities by contacting us.
International Division Positions Vacant
Enrolment Marketing Officer (part-time/ 3 days per week)
Sydney Japanese International School is seeking an experienced Enrolment Marketing Officer to join our school community. This role is a dual-focus position, where the successful applicant will be involved in the day-to-day operations of the Marketing Office with a particular focus in digital marketing, event coordination and content creation. They will also be the key member of the Enrolments team in front-end tasks such as school tours, new enquiries and greeting new families to SJIS. The Enrolment Marketing Officer reports to the Deputy Principal and School General Manager and plays an integral role in maintaining and developing the School’s reputation within the community.
- Tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in marketing, events or community relations • Excited to engage and connect with families to build long-term connections.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to converse confidently with members of the SJIS community and prospective families
- A passion to meet the needs of both prospective and current families to see enquiries become enrolments.
- A love for the School community and Japanese culture and ability to communicate and reflect the values of the school with others.
- Excellent and clear verbal and written communication
- Experience in successfully delivering engaging community events
- Ability to work autonomously with attention to detail to meet multiple competing deadlines • Ability to work in both small and large team environments
- Willingness to work outside school hours in order to run open days or to attend school events
- Ability to persuade with warmth and enthusiasm
- A current Working with Children Check as legislated.
- Advanced copywriting and proofreading skills
- Knowledge of, and skills in, social media management
- Experience of the digital marketing space
- Excellent organisational, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Advanced IT skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office – skills in WordPress and InDesign are desirable
- Skills in photography and videography are desirable
- Japanese language skills are not required
What our school can offer you:
A career at Sydney Japanese International School offers you the opportunity to showcase your marketing and enrolment talents through a bilingual International school. We are a small school that enjoys the benefits of a harmonious and passionate staff in a serene environment of 14 acres within Terrey Hills.
Salary is determined by your qualifications previous experience.
Applicants should include a covering letter, curriculum vitae and the names and contact details of three confidential referees. Applications should be addressed to Masao Miyairi, General Manager : [email protected]
Applications close Friday 10th December at 4pm.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
* Applicants must satisfy Child Protection Legislation and will be subject to employment screening. All staff are required to actively support the values of the school. The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a valid Working with Children Check.
Casual teaching roles are available in the International Primary division. You must hold the right to work in Australia and hold teaching qualifications that are recognised in Australia.
Japanese Division Positions Vacant
No positions available
The teachers of the Japanese Division are dispatched by the Ministry of Education in Japan. Please contact them if you are interested in applying.